86 GB Free Hard Disc Space.
Stormdrum 3 includes EastWest’s PLAY 6 software. PLAY 6 includes SSL FX Suite from Solid State Logic, the industry leader in mixing technology; and an upgraded “true stereo” EastWest reverb. The FX section includes a SSL EQ and Dynamics Channel Strip, Transient Shaper, and SSL’s legendary Stereo Bus Compressor; plus an upgraded “true stereo” reverb from EastWest plus new features. EastWest also added it’s Amp Simulator and Ohm Force’s Ohmicide multi-band distortion software to enable unlimited sound design for film/games etc. Now, with it’s combination of the new PLAY 6 software, the best sound processing tools available, and world class percussion instruments, Stormdrum 3 is the most advanced percussion virtual instrument to date and a must-have.
- Features the best instruments from the private collection of Mickey Hart.
- Features additional instruments from the Remo private collection, hand picked by Remo himself.
- Played by master percussionists Mickey Hart, Greg Ellis and Chalo Eduardo.
- Produced by Nick Phoenix, “Two Steps From Hell” composer and creator of Stormdrum 1 and 2, epic percussion collections.
- Includes tempo synced percussion performances directed and played by Mickey Hart, with Greg Ellis, Chalo Eduardo and Nick Phoenix
- Includes 5 user-controllable mic positions for each instrument.
- Recorded in the world famous EASTWEST Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes.
- Includes new PLAY 6 64-bit software on both MAC and PC, more user control and detail than any other collection.
- The new FX section is included with SD3, and available as an optional upgrade for all other legacy EastWest PLAY virtual instruments.
- The FX section includes a SSL EQ and Dynamics Channel Strip, Transient Shaper, and SSL’s legendary Stereo Bus Compressor; plus an upgraded “true stereo” reverb from EastWest plus new features.
Big Drums: These are the larger drums that do not fall in the Taiko family. Many of them include large, deep and booming sounds, but others are more complex in nature. There are some real gems in here from Mickey’s magical warehouse of one of a kind hand drums. Highlights in the epic genre here are The Beast, Double Headed Tree Drum, Lord Of Toms Ensemble and Dragon Ensemble.
Gongs Clocks Waterphones: These instruments provide the iconic sounds of several gongs and waterphones, some played underwater! The “Clockworks” patches are the result of Nicks field recordings in 6 antique clock shops.
Metals: This group includes bells, deep bowls, chimes, and cymbals collected by Mickey on his world travels. Some are well known like the Brazilian berimbau (which is played on a metal wire), others are unusual, such as hammered copper pots and handmade doorstop drums.
Shakers: The instruments in this group include several made from naturally occurring objects, such as snake rattles, seed pods, and deer hoofs, in addition to the more common ganza, modern shakers and Mickeys mighty rainsticks. Playability here is key.
Small Drums: Here you’ll find a very large collection of smaller drums. Some have names you’re probably familiar with, such as bongos, frame drums, and tambourines. But there are so many others that will surprise and delight you. Many of the Indian drums in this category are particularly special, such as the tuned tablas and madal. Performance techniques are stellar.
Taiko Family: This collection includes taiko drums ranging from huge to small. Many of the sampled instruments came from the collections of Mickey Hart and Remo to create a wide variety of sounds. Others came from the top taiko builders in Japan. They are played both individually and in ensembles. This is the Holy Grail of taiko samples. Finally.
Woods: In this group you’ll hear unpitched sounds from wooden resonators; tuned chromatic instruments, such as a gourd marimba and a balaphone; the mighty gourd drum, a playable 12 ft. long redwood tree branch and wonderful scraped sounds, such as the Thailand frogs.